Noble Rot Issue 23
by Noble Rot€11.00
Noble Rot magazine attempts to join the dots between wine, music and food. We want to tell stories and inspire people to enjoy what they drink, eat and listen to. We is Mark Andrew and Dan Keeling and we started Noble Rot with the intention of giving young and/or alternative writers a platform to discuss contemporary culture from a fresh perspective.
In this issue of Noble Rot magazine ...
- …temporarily otherwise employed critic Marina O’Loughlin imagines her ideal restaurant, Diana Henry writes about restaurants’ restorative magic, and Honey & Co’s Itamar Srulovich reminisces about his last meal out before lockdown.
- …author and importer Kermit Lynch, Beastie Boy Mike Diamond, writer Andrew Jefford and Noble Rot editor Dan Keeling ask: if they are not drinking their most treasured bottles now, with the world appearing to be self-destructing, when will they do it?
- …Fay Maschler profiles Italian cookery supremo Giorgio Locatelli
- ...we spotlight Anjou and Savennières, two of France’s most exciting white wine appellations; talk to iconoclastic Mâconnais legend Jean-Marie Guffens, and take a look at Beaujolais’ long -lost terroir classifications.
- …we feature our guide to the best places on the planet to drink natural wine; Russell Norman reveals the spiciest moments of London restaurant folklore; and we take a fresh look at The Zuni Café Cookbook.
Plus recipes, stories and musings from Simon Hopkinson, Rachel Roddy, Ruby Tandoh, Alastair Little, Jon Bonné, Stephen Harris, George Reynolds, Zeren Wilson, Simon J Woolf, and John Niven, among much more…
Noble Rot magazine is the home of exciting wine and food writing. Since 2013 Noble Rot has seen chefs Pierre Koffmann, Fergus Henderson and Yotam Ottolenghi rubbing shoulders with Kiera Knightley, Brian Eno, Caitlin Moran, Mark Ronson and LCD Soundsystem, blurring the boundaries between gastronomy and the creative arts.