Other Means Issue 1€25.00
Welcome to the first mile of a memorable journey together. Volume One is our invitation to see the world by bike. Dive in for adventures enjoyed at a different pace as we document the people, places and moments that make cycling the best speed for discovery.
In Volume One, we:
- Set out across Egypt with Sami Sauri on a last-minute adventure of a lifetime
- Get hot and bothered in Big Bend while bikepacking West Texas
- Break bread with pro-racer and amateur baker Amity Rockwell
- Explore what sets Amsterdam apart as an ideal city for cycling
- Meet a fantastic framebuilder living far from home with Equilibrium Cycles
Other Means is a print magazine, digital space and cycling community. Our mission is to tell stories and capture rides that share the human side of cycling. After all, every journey is personal, and we choose to enjoy ours by bike.
Cycling, at its core, is movement—a way to get from point A to point B and beyond. But for many, riding a bike represents so much more. A means of escape, discovery and exploration. An opportunity to make friends and create communities. A way we push past our comfort zones into the wilds of the unknown.
Riding a bike affords us the opportunity to appreciate the details in between. To create beautiful objects, tell stories and explore the near and the far.
When we ride, we connect with other people—the bike acting as a catalyst for conversation and a vehicle for introspection. It offers a way of unraveling life’s complications and making sense of the world in which we live.
Cycling allows us to extend our horizons and enjoy the freedom of movement—stopping and starting on a whim.
To live our lives by other means.