Eye on Design Issue #05
Eye on Design is published by AIGA, the professional association for design, and is put together by an all-female team. Serious minded and beautifully presented. An essential read for anyone interested in design!
Issue #05: Distraction
In Eye on Design #05, the “Distraction” issue, we look at how design influences entertainment, technology, work—and your ability to pay attention to it all. We explore how the influx of notifications, screens, and unread emails are shaping the way we think, and we probe how distraction can be a form of escapism and a necessary element in any creative process.
Down the rabbit hole of issue #05:
- Read about the legacy of the world’s most famous video game designer turned unlikely feminist icon
- Learn how Instagram is changing the way design educators teach and students learn
- Take a photographic tour of Times Square's deliberately chaotic ambiance
- Explore Pornhub’s surprisingly savvy UX design
- Procrastinate, procrastinate, procrastinate...
- Take quizzes, read jokes, browse original illustration, and much much more
- Featuring: Anu, Claire Evans, Miglé Kazlauskaite, Jaime Levy, Chris Maggio, YuJune Park, Rachel Syme, Dori Tunstall, and more…
Guest designed by Ann Richter & Pia Christmann of Studio Pandan, a graphic design studio based in Berlin.