a Dance Mag Issue 03
by A Dance mag€12.00
a Dance Mag is a global dance magazine from Beirut that transcends differences, distances, and disciplines to tell the stories of people from all over the world, who are dancing their lives and giving their bodies a voice – an independent magazine that looks at the world through the lens of dance. It captures ephemeral moments and turns them into timeless beautifully designed narratives.
Born during the year of global pandemic, confinement and social distancing, issue 03: Touch, brings us, paradoxically, stories of connection, transformation and healing. With issue 03, we wander into the underworlds of Northern Japan, find home in the Mediterranean Sea, experiment with manhood in the arctic, unite on a Kurdish mountain and touch Palestine in Dubai. The Touch issue recovers some of the powers of a sense that has become restrained.
In this issue:
- A Singaporean artist connects with Tatsumi Hijikata from beyond the grave
- A Lycanthrope turns into a Manta Ray, a story of metamorphosis
- Connecting during quarantine, with TikTok
- Touching Palestine in a contemporary art center in Dubai
- A Norwegian cartel redefines modern-day manhood
- Dr. Aline LePierre talks about the healing power of touch