Avant Magazine Volume 2
Anthology of American Militaria
STORIES & TALES • Denim Nation Army : Discover why U.S Army and Navy factions started to wear blue denim at the beginning of 1900’s.
• Full Painted Jackets : Read the story of the American aviators who took intense delight in customizing their A-2 jackets with diverse patterns.
• USMC P41 : The P41 utilities are one of the most iconic military workwear uniforms of the 20th century. INTERVIEWS • Max Sardi : Shop manager of The Real McCoy’s London store, he is one of the first to share his knowledge on the Internet through the blog, Sanforized.
• Charles Lemons : The historian released a collection of books called Uniforms of the Us Army Ground Forces 1939-1945, a reference for every militaria fan.
• Jeff Spielberg : After more than thirty years in the business, he now houses one of the largest collections in the world. ART & ILLUSTRATIONS • Distant Rain : Unique cover painting by Brett Allen Johnson made exclusively for Avant Magazine.
• Memories of War : A series of WW2 pictures from Nick Soderstrom’s personal collection.
• Private Military Collection : Thirty-two rare pieces of military clothing from the collections of Eric Maggiori, Tom Gruat, and Gauthier Borsarello. AND MORE… Iconic Daisy Mae - How did the Military Uniform impact menswear - The best « repro » brands - Masterpiece : the 1908 US Army CAC denim shirt.